There is a legal mechanism foreseen in the Federal Copyright Law so called "reservation of rights". This is a registration certificate obtained from the INDAUTOR which is the adequate form in the Mexican legal system to protect the following creative elements:
- Titles of serial publications whether printed or electronic.
- Names of TV or radio shows.
- Artistic names of individuals or groups.
- Characters human or fictitious.
- Original advertising formats.
In Uhthoff, Gómez Vega & Uhthoff, SC, providing a comprehensive protection service to our clients, we provide our clients with a professional assistance to obtain reservation of rights certificates for those elements requiring this protection, to maintain them in full force and effect by adopting appropriate renewal actions and to take all adequate enforcement actions when rights deriving from them are affected by actions from third parties.